You may have heard of the OnePlus 9 Pro if you are a tech enthusiast. With its high-end cameras and sleek design, it’s certainly a contender for the best smartphone.
How does the OnePlus 9 Pro compare to the iPhone 12 Pro Max? This article will discuss which is better in terms of camera quality, price point, software compatibility, and much more.
OnePlus 9 Pro: The Complete Specs You Need To Know
- 6.67″ Super AMOLED display
- 2.5Ghz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor
- 8GB RAM
- 128/256GB internal storage (expandable up to 2TB)
- dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 12MP f/1.7 + 16MP f/1.7 rear cameras
- 8MP f/2.0 front camera
- 3,700mAh battery, quick charge technology (both the device and other supporting devices)
- USB-C port for charging & data transfer
- The fingerprint sensor on the back of the device
Specifications of The iPhone 12 Pro Max:
- 6.5″ OLED display
- 2.5Ghz octa-core A12 processor
- 4GB RAM
- 64/256GB internal storage (no microSD slot)
- dual SIM (nano + e-sim)
- 12MP f/1.8 rear camera + 12MP f/2.4 telephoto lens & 7MP TrueDepth front camera
- 3,500mAh battery
- USB-C port for charging & data transfer
- Face ID on the front of the device
You May Also Like: iPhone SE vs iPhone XR: Which one should you buy?
So, who has better specs?
- It depends on what you’re looking for in a phone. They’re both similar in storage and RAM, but the OnePlus 9 Pro is slightly ahead with a fingerprint sensor and Android Pie.
- However, the iPhone 12 Pro Max has a slightly bigger battery and better cameras (more on that later).
- Although the OnePlus 9 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max have similar features – there is one major difference: price point. The OnePlus 9 Pro costs $1,000 for 128GB of storage, while the iPhone 12 Pro Max costs $1,100 for 64GB of storage.
- The iPhone wins out as far as price-point goes. However, that extra $100 gets you a bigger battery and better cameras – something to consider if those are important to you.
Charging capabilities of both the devices
Both the OnePlus 9 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max have wireless charging capabilities – but they’re using different charging standards:
OnePlus 9 Pro: WPC and PMA-compatible wireless charging (works with most wireless charging pads)
iPhone 12 Pro Max: Qi Wireless Charging (works with all Qi wireless chargers, not compatible with WPC or PMA) So what does this mean? It means both devices will work with any wireless charger, but the iPhone won’t work with any non-Qi chargers.
You May Also Like: 8 Reasons Why Apple iPhone 13 Pro Max Is a Game-Changing Smartphone
What about software? How do they compare?
Both devices run Android 9.0 Pie – so they’re both currently running the same version of Google’s mobile operating system. However, it is worth noting that while the OnePlus 9 Pro is expected to receive Android Q, the iPhone 12 Pro Max will not get it because it runs iOS.
Both devices run on GSM networks (AT&T and T-Mobile). However, although the OnePlus 9 Pro is compatible with Verizon Wireless networks, it does not have band 29 – which means that carrier subscribers may not get as good coverage as they would on the iPhone 12 Pro Max.
What makes the iPhone better?
There are a few key areas where the iPhone 12 Pro Max is better than the OnePlus 9 Pro:
1) Camera Quality
The OnePlus 9 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max have dual cameras. However, Apple’s device has a telephoto lens that allows you to get 2x optical zoom – something that helps if you’re photographing far away subjects.
The iPhone 12 Pro Max has better quality cameras, which is expected because Apple generally makes good camera phones.
2) Battery Life
Similar to the previous point, iPhones have long battery lives, whereas OnePlus devices generally have shorter battery lives.
3) Connectivity & Carrier Options
The OnePlus 9 Pro is only compatible with GSM networks – whereas the iPhone 12 Pro Max can also be used with Verizon Wireless. The iPhone will give you better links and coverage while on your carrier’s network, but it won’t work for people on other airlines.
4) Availability & Reliability
As an Apple product, it’s easier to get the iPhone 12 Pro Max. In addition, Apple products are generally more reliable and less likely to fail, which means you’re less likely to need warranty repair or replacement.
5) Product Quality & Reputation
Apple devices typically have a higher quality build and design than OnePlus devices – and they also come with a standard one-year warranty (for defects in materials and quality).
The OnePlus 9 Pro is also subject to negative consumer feedback because of several reports of the device randomly rebooting.
You May Also Like: Which Samsung Smartphones will Rule the Market in 2022?
What makes the OnePlus 9 better than the iPhone 12 Pro Max?
1) Price Point
Although the iPhone 12 Pro Max is a superior device, the OnePlus 9 Pro is more affordable. If you’re on a budget, this may be something to consider.
2) Availability & Reliability
The OnePlus 9 Pro is much easier to find than Apple devices – and it’s also easier to get warranty support or repair service for it (although that does not apply if your phone randomly reboots).
3) Better value relative to features & specifications
The OnePlus 9 Pro is a better value close to its price. It has a bigger screen, high-end specs, and a good camera for the price – all while remaining affordable. It doesn’t have wireless charging, which can be added through a cheap phone case.
4) Customizable haptic feedback settings
The OnePlus 9 Pro has customizable haptic feedback settings – whereas the iPhone 12 Pro Max does not. This means you can optimize your phone’s sensations to suit how you use it (e.g., if you like gentle vibrations for receiving messages but stronger vibrations for calls).
You May Also Like: Why You Should Get the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G
The iPhone 12 Pro Max is a superior device, but it costs more. On the other hand, the OnePlus 9 Pro has several things going for it – including its price point and ability to be customized with accessories & skins. It’s also compatible with Verizon Wireless networks.
If you’re looking for the best smartphone on the market, then the iPhone 12 Pro Max would likely be the best choice. However, if you’re looking for a phone with great value and affordability, then the OnePlus 9 Pro is probably your best option.
I am a seasoned IT strategist from India managing projects and products across different verticals and industries for business owners and individuals from all across the world. These blog posts are intended to bring the best and most useful aspects of the gadgets around us.